Which Gloves For Kayaking Is Best For Your Adventure?
Do you have all your kayaking gear but still know that something is missing? The simple answer mostly turns out to be yes!
The joy of kayaking resides in the fun this water activity brings, but too often can this fun turn sour; the hands get tired, sometimes wounded by rocks or have blisters and get cold easily.
Kayaking gloves are that very simple solution. They are protective, they keep the hands warm, and they make kayaking easier and give the paddles a better grip. These gloves were crafted to bring the best out of your kayaking trips.
The additional benefit is that some of these gloves contain features that allow usage in other activities like fishing. The idea of getting a kayaking glove has three effects on you, depending on your standpoint.
The price can put you off or the quality and producers might have done terrible jobs. The third effect might just be you getting the right one for you and loving the usage. The idea is not just getting gloves but getting the right one for you.
1. BPS 3MM DOUBLE-LINED NEOPRENE GLOVES
A glove that is all so you in every way possible is the BPS Double-Lined Neoprene gloves. These gloves provide various solutions to kayaking problems and fears. The gloves allow easy paddling under conditions like wet equipment and freezing water.
They crafted to give you the best functionality in different conditions. They allow for freedom of movement and help reduce fatigue as well as pain, giving you a great time out on water.
The gloves come featuring a good style and an excellent design. It allows you to do sports in an aesthetic eye catching way. The beauty and comfort in the design are quite admirable.
The palms are well rubberized and are non-slip and they come in a variety of sizes as well designs. They help keep your hands warm, protected and dry. The convenience is is an attracting quality of this product.
These gloves help when you are faced with odd and changing temperatures as they aid steady gripping and give great confidence in the grab.
The high-level quality is what helps this glove-pair stand out in terms of comfort. The product is light weighed and very comfortable like a second skin. The product fits well as it features adjustable tightness around your wrists.
This prevents the entry of water and makes it more of a great use. This will always be a great option for you if you need warmth, adjustability, great material and quality features that are not so easily opposable.
- It features a 12-month BPS guarantee which begins on the purchase day
- The product comes featuring a E-guide for easy-to-follow instructions sent to your mail after purchase
- The gloves are crafted to be very comfortable, protective and durable
- The product allows for great grip and less tiredness while in use
- The product is designed using high-quality neoprene; they are crafted with a rubberized palm gripping pattern, warmth, an adjustable grip, stitched and glued seams and double lined neoprene.
- The product features a full finger design
- The glove-pair are a multi-sport gloves; they can be used for surfing, canoeing, diving, winter, kayaking and Snorkeling
- The gloves come featuring a hook closure type
- They are protective
- They are quite comfortable and also adjustable to give a perfect fit
- Package Dimension: 10.51 x 8.31 x 1.69 inches (L x W x H)
- Package Weight: 0.1 kg
- Material: Neoprene
- Manufacturer: BPS
- Colour: Black (3mm)
- Brand Name: BPS
2. NEOSPORT 3MM & 5MM PREMIUM NEOPRENE WETSUIT GLOVES
These pair of gloves is crafted to anatomically to fit your palms and prevent fatigue. They feature adjustable straps around the wrist and give a superior grip without absorbance of water because they are made using durable waterproof neoprene material.
These black coloured full fingered gloves give off a different level of confidence in aesthetics and comfort as well as durability in usage. They make you proud to wear them. They are a lovely unisex pair of gloves; everyone has a chance to enjoy the experience such great quality gives off to the users.
The gloves are designed to be all-purpose that feature seams have been sewn and glued. They are crafted to keep warmth in your hands while still maintaining comfort. They are perfect for different types of wet activities, hi-grip, and durability and feature a cyclone design.
- The gloves are not tight but they fit
- For water integrity, the seams have been sewn and glued
- The high grip texture with the aid of the cyclone design, the gloves provide a secure grip on different surfaces
- It has been crafted using flexible and soft premium material
- They deliver thermal protection and abrasion without losing dexterity; they allow for easy flexing
- They fit properly over wetsuits for a streamlined and secured seal
- The product features a Velcro elastic closure at the wrist
- It is a multi-sport glove
- They work well for gardening and cleaning of wet things as well like lakes; ponds and aquariums
- They are water resistant
- They are comfortable and durable
- They provide warmth
- Colour: Black
- Size: 3mm and 5mm
- Material: Neoprene
- Suggested users: Unisex adults
- Price: $25 – $32 (depending on the size)
- Manufacturer: NeoSport
3. GLACIER GLOVE ISLAMORADA SUN GLOVE S-GREY
The very thing that kicks people off other gloves is what attracts them to the Islamorada; the gloves are easy to wear and very comfortable. They are very durable and keep the hands cool to an extent in warm weather and give comfort.
This is a great fingerless glove to enjoy during the summer. The gloves are crafted from the Lycra material, they are quite light in weight and all thanks to the synthetic material your hands would be kept cool and your skin enjoys UV ray protections.
The gloves are reinforced with a synthetic leather palm to ensure good padding and durability; they give great gripping for paddle holding when out on water.
Though, because of the use of Lycra which happens not to be the best of materials, they might not last as long. With consideration to the cost, they give off good value for a breathable, fingerless and quick-dry model of gloves.
The Islamorada was specifically created to shield your skin from sun and provide you with the flexibility and protection you require to paddle in summer.
Like any gloves made from Lycra and Spandex, they can have odour problem; the gloves should be hand cleaned. The quality of the seams has been of great issues to certain customers after a couple of runs in the washing machine.
- The item is a multi-sport type for your various water activities
- It features an ambidextrous hand orientation
- It was designed using a four-way stretch material
- It was crafted using a quick-dry fabric
- It features a UPF 50+ Sun Protection
- It has a partial synthetic leather palm
- Package Dimensions: 12.01 x 4.06 x 0.94 inches (L x W x H)
- Colour: Grey
- Material: Leather
- Weight: 0.06 kg
- Skill level: Beginner
- Manufacturer: Glacier Glove
4. GLACIER GLOVE PERFECT CURVE WATERPROOF GLOVES
Glacier Glove Perfect Curve Gloves kayaking gloves can prove to be a great option if you are searching for a warm and durable glove pair for a cold weather (winter) and cold water kayaking.
These are full finger gloves which have been crafted using neoprene designed to help you keep warm and dry while on the water. For extra warmth through winter paddling, it also features a 2mm fleece lining which is crafted to give you an extra protection against the cold and protection from blisters.
They come featuring copped fingers for a more natural and comfortable fit. They feature a wrap-around strap to give a customized fit around your wrists.
The gloves are crafted to be 100% waterproof, to keep you warm, have seamless palms, blind stitched and glued, features a new Pro Strap and pre-curved fingers. They are designed to reduce tiredness on the hands and help you last outside all day.
- The gloves are crafted to be100% waterproof
- The perfect curve features a Pro Strap
- The gloves feature 2mm fleece lined neoprene
- They have been designed to have seamless palms
- Item Dimensions: 12 x 6 x 3 inches (L x W x H)
- Colour: Black
- Material: Fleece
- Weight: 0.25 pounds
- Suggested users: Men
- Skill level: Beginner
- Manufacturer: Glacier Glove
5. BASSDASH ALTIMATE SUN PROTECTION FINGERLESS GLOVES
The BassDash are made using lightweight fabric that are breathable, cool and help give a good grip even with sweaty hands.
They feature a four-way stretch and quick-dry material, and they feature a durable synthetic leather palm and also help protect your hands. This is the best pair of kayaking gloves for ordinary usage.
They are probably the most ideal option for you. They ensure you a good smile. They feature UV protection, four-way stretch, a quick-dry poly spandex; synthetic microfiber leather.
It is accredited with a UPF 50+ rating; these gloves protect your hands against dangerous UV rays. The light weighed fabric it I made of breathes and helps keep you dry and cool to aid gripping when you’re your hands are sweaty.
It features a non-slip durable synthetic leather palm that ensures there is stability of the hands on reel, fishing rods, garden tools, and paddle. It is a great option for most outdoor sports such as fishing, kayaking, cycling, canoeing and biking and hiking. These gloves are not just a must have, but are also seen as an essential kit for an angler.
These gloves are designed for the protection of the user from harmful sun UV rays alongside other element that could prove harmful. They feature a classic style and have ambidextrous hand orientation.
They are quick-dry and breathable, come in different sizes and are static free. They are ideal for outdoor sports and while doing that they UPF 50+ protected.
- They feature light weighed cloth that keeps you cool and dry and allows for breathability
- This ¾ finger length gloves protect from sun damage, cuts and scrapes, minor abrasions and maintain dexterity
- They offer UV protection, UPF 50+ rating quick-drying poly spandex and a four-way stretch
- They are a multi-sport glove-pair and allow for wet and dry sporting activities
- They feature a strong synthetic leather palms that aids against slipping
- Package Dimensions: 9.72 x 6.22 x 0.47 inches (L x W x H)
- Colour: ALTIMATE II – Gradient Blue
- Material: Faux leather
- Weight: 0.04 kg
- Suggested users: Unisex
- Manufacturer: Bass Dash
6. WINDRIDER PRO ¾ SAILING FINGER GLOVES
Enjoying the life outdoors can be done using the Windrider’s brand of Pro ¾ finger gloves. The gloves are crafted for the provision of breathable comfort. These gloves protect the hands from callouses, rose slips and cuts.
The Windrider Pro Sailing Gloves are kayaking gloves that feature ¾ fingers that have been designed specifically for an easy breath and allow quick drying.
They come with the Amara leather synthetic palm for a better grip. It also features a small amount of padding so that you could feel the paddle and provide additional protection as well.
The mesh back crafted in has been designed to help wick away moisture and aid breathability in warmer weather. These gloves also feature a fitted wrist strap Velcro to ensure a great fit.
They have been designed to comfortably your wrists while allowing free wrist movements while you paddle. With the cuts to the thumbs and fingers, you would still find ease when you twiddle your thumbs, tie knots, and open sandwiches.
The gloves can be used by men, women as well as children. These gloves provide comfort while canoeing, kayaking, SUP, paddling, and sailing and wakeboarding.
- It allows for different ages and multi-water-sport usage; men, women and children use this pair of gloves; you can kayak, sail, SUP and wakeboard using these gloves.
- It provides an excellent protection; it features a palm crafted using the synthetic Amara leather. This helps protect from rope burns and blisters and they give a better grip.
- It features enjoyable full mobility for your fingers with 2/3 cuts made that allow you nimble fingers.
- The extra padding under the palms allows you protection while you haul and for better grip.
- It is crafted to be fast drying and breathable in warm and cool weathers.
- Package Dimensions: 9.21 x 5.91 x 1.22 inches (W x L x H)
- Colour: Blue, black, grey
- Material: Spandex
- Weight: 0.07 kg
- Suggested users: unisex adults
- Manufacturer: Windrider
7. SEAVENGER ABYSS REFF 1.5MM NEOPRENE DIVING GLOVES
These hybrid gloves offer the best during summer and winter styles. They are made of 1.5mm of neoprene; the gloves keep your hands warm in spring and fall though they are not waterproof.
The palms have been padded with synthetic leather, they improve grip and give excellent durability. They feature a shorter wrist that could be used as a warm weather alternative.
Though they can prove to be on the pricey side, they were not made for cold waters and they are not waterproof either.
They prove to be great options for those in search of spring-fall gloves that do not need waterproof thermal protection. The product has been reviewed to be quite small and this is an important notable quality due to the idea of it throwing users off this option.
They should be tried on prior to purchase due to noted issues like quality control, too little fingers or improper fit. They offer super flexibility, they are ambidextrous in hand orientation, and they are durable, versatile and most especially built to last.
- Features an ambidextrous hand orientation
- With the adjustable wrist band to different sizes, they give a perfect fit
- The Amara leather crafted palms ensure endurance and max gripping
- The featured design is durable with a reinforced thumb and palm they allow for different activities
- They are versatile for adventures
- They are built to last
- They conserve the body heat, thanks to the 1.5mm thickness, there is thermal protection
- The Lycra panel and neoprene mesh inserted, they give off super flexibility
- Package Dimensions: 11.2 x 5.2 x 1.4 inches (L x W x H)
- Colour: Ebony Black
- Material: Neoprene, leather
- Weight: 0.01 kg
- Suggested users:
- Manufacturer: Seavenger
8. BRACE MASTER SAILING GLOVES
When searching for the best kayaking gloves, this Brace master is one of the best kayaking gloves on the market. They feature a leather palm that give the best protection against blisters, and scalding and give a better grip.
To ensure finger flexibility, the gloves are designed using flexible and soft leather. The high quality leather palms minimize injuries. They are breathable, fast drying and comfortable.
Apart from the comfort and quality they offer, they also bring a great deal of style to your sporting activity. They allow for a satisfied feeling with the colours and give off good water vibes while in usage.
The great design will work well with different sceneries and water activities. They work well for outdoor activities and prove to be a great all-rounder, though they are not full-fingered.
The material used to make the gloves allows for finger flexibility; the great quality helps provide a good grip and minimize scalding as well as blisters. They allow for different option in activities and scenery such as shooting, rafting, kayaking, running, cycling, biking, and hunting and kite boarding.
- It features leather in the palms which enhances gripping
- They are a multi-sport glove pair
- They feature soft, light and fast dry breathable fabric
- They feature a thirty-day service guarantee
- They are made using soft leather for finger flexibility that suit different scenes
- They are suitable for rafting, canoeing, kayaking golfing, kite boarding, etc. all thanks to the superior durability and grip
- They protect excellently against scalding and blisters
- Colour: Blue/ grey
- Design: ¾
- Material: light and soft fabric, leather
- Manufacturer: Brace Master
9. MRX SAILING GLOVES
This MRX sailing gloves offer a sticky palm which helps to increase grip. Finding the perfect size is not so hard as it would seem. The smell can prove to be a major problem like all other spandex gloves.
They are created from premium quality Amara leather and have proven to be great kayaking gloves from a flexible fit and durable four-way spandex fabric of printing design.
When using a durable kayaking glove, you are ensured of durability and great gripping. You would be able to avoid scalding and blisters while paddling, you avoid getting tired at an early stage and enjoy other water activities when the gloves are multi-sport.
The MRX sailing gloves are very unique and quite durable. With the production material, they give a good fit.
This multi-sport glove-pair are one to reckon with seeing that they are quite aesthetic and a great catch to the eye. The closure of the loop and hook sees to the tight fit and sturdiness. The gloves are excellent for men and women while out kayaking, rowing, and SUP.
The MRX sailing gloves are perfect all-rounders, they do well with sailing, they are unisex, they feature a reinforced grippy material palm, they feature a secure closure and have been made using materials of great quality and they are stronger and safer. This is a great option just for you!
- It features an ambidextrous hand orientation
- They give a good feel when rowing and paddling
- It features palms that are reinforced with Amara leather to give an indestructible vibe
- They protective and are perfect for kayaking
- They are crafted using four-way spandex material along with Amara to give a flexible fit and make it durable
- They are comfortable for the hands and very safe while performing activities
- Package Dimensions: 19.8 x 14.7 x 3.3 cm (L x W x H); 77 grams
- Colour: Black
- Material: Amara leather
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Suggested users: Unisex
- Manufacturer: MRX Products
10. NRS MEN’S HYDROSKIN GLOVES
The NRS Men’s Hydroskin Gloves are crafted for paddling and they feature a full-finger design along with thermal plush interior lining to give you warmth cool weather conditions but with a light weighed feel.
The gloves are made using 0.5mm Neoprene to elude and give great insulation in cool conditions though they may not be ideal ice cold weathers and conditions.
The clothing features a water repelling coating which aids in helping to keep you dry and a silicon patterned palm to give you a good grip when paddling. The gloves do not feature a wrist strap though the cuff is designed to fit snuggly around your wrist.
The gloves have four-way stretch for extra comfort and to make wearing and taking them off easier. These full fingers glove-pair are a great option for consideration when you want to enjoy a long time out paddling in a cold weather condition as they give considerable warmth.
The 0.05mm neoprene features a fair level of thickness along with keeping your hands warm. These Neoprene gloves are waterproof as they utilise a water repelling coat to make sure the hands stay dry.
The layer of silicon that covers they palm and fingers provide a great grip and nice protection while handling paddles and other activities. The gloves are crafted to keep your hands protected and comfortable against weather elements.
This puts the NRS HydroSkin in a place of great consideration for you. This cold weather full finger gloves is almost an all-round as it can also be used in warm weather conditions.
Taking the fun out of kayaking would be not making use of an amazing glove-pair for your sporting activities. They provide the comfort, safety and good grip; which is exactly what you need.
- They feature a four-way stretch power span body that measures 0.5mm, a thermal plush lining, DWr-coating and Grip Cote palm
- They offer an ambidextrous hand orientation
- They feature a pull on closure type
- The gloves are a multi-sport glove-pair
- They are really handy in cool weather and give great warmth but don’t work as winter protection
- They are not bulky but give the right amount of comfort
- They feature a full finger design
- Features silicon pattern on the palms and fingers to give you a good grip and also for extra durability
- Package Dimensions: 11.93 x 5.12 x 1.3 inches (L x W x H)
- Dimensions: 13 x 6 x 2 inches (L x W x H)
- Colour: GREY HEATHER
- Material: FOUR-WAY STRETCH POWERSPAN (0.5MM)
- Package Weight: 0.07 kg
- Item Weight: 0.15 POUNDS
- Sport type: Multi-Sport Usage
- Suggested users: UNISEX ADULTS
- Manufacturer: NRS
What Is The Right Type Of Kayaking Gloves For You?
The right type(s) of kayaking gloves that would go well with you are dependent on key features of the gloves, the price, the colour and the size as well as the reviews that come off such products.
A lot of consideration that should be put into buying kayaking gloves is: thickness, whether it would be used in, fingers, mitt or fingerless, materials (neoprene/synthetic leather), the fit and maintenance and care.
When it comes to kayaking gloves, there are a lot of brands and this makes picking one or two perfect for you a bit hard. With the enormous kayaking gloves market, there are some that can be considered as standouts and have proven to be good for usage.
Why Kayaking Gloves Are Necessary, Though Not Compulsory
Featuring in a variety of brands and features, each has its own area of specific importance. To place them all together is providing you with some of the best options there are to choose from. They are necessary because they help prevent a lot of hazards and help you last while out on the water.
Kayaking gloves are designed for a variety of purposes but certain reasons that can never be eluded are comfort while paddling or doing other sporting activities, protection from UV rays and minor injuries, easier usage of wet equipment, prevention of fatigue, pain and blisters.
These can prove to be very unhelpful especially for long kayaking trips; when you paddle for a long time without gloves you start to feels the effect on your palms and at times the weather could ruin your arm composure and with this the trip is officially cancelled!
After reviewing the ten best kayaking gloves according to our reviews; the idea of sporting activities with a good pair of gloves sounds odd. The place of gloves in kayaking cannot be displaced as this helps give warmth, keep cool, stay safe from cuts, blisters, calluses, scalding, and rope burns and give a great feel.
They make paddling comfier and give wet equipment a confident grab. They allow for easier manoeuvring and working of water sporting gear just to say the least. This review should be able to guide well to the right kayaking gloves that fit well with your specs. Just pick away!